10 things to look forward to this BFA Premier League season
The most exciting sporting season kicks off this weekend!
What is expected to be an integral year for Barbados football, kicks off with the 2020 Barbados Football Association (BFA) Premier League.
The Annual General Meeting and Executive elections headlines this year’s activities, along with the Senior men’s team quest for Concacaf Gold Cup qualification, which kicks off in March.
The return of the Women’s Premier League, as well as a number of national team assignments and the association’s contribution to the country’s We Gatherin' celebrations, make for a very busy but thrilling 2020.
Seen as one of the social highlights of weekend life in the island, the Premiership offers way more than whistles, footballs and chants.
Here are 10 things to look forward to in the BFA Premier League this season.
1. Yella Dread saying; “I Have it!”
2. Players writing on their social media statuses “Game Day”.
3. T-shirts the ladies at the ticket booths and entrances will wear.
4. MASSIVE Christ Church derbies; Paradise (Dover), Silver Sands FC and Wotton FC.
5. Translators or Bi-lingual players; likely Spanish or Spanglish.
6. Deacons FC and their fans return after more than two decades in the wilderness.
7. Agony’s smooth compilation of homonyms; still looking for that word that rhymes with orange though.
8. A new generation of players to take the league by storm.
9. Creative goal celebrations, especially amidst this new dancing crave in the island.
10. The return of Corey “Santa” Barrow to the football arena.