Fifth person, 26, tests positive for COVID-19 in Trinidad and Tobago
The Ministry of Health in Trinidad and Tobago is advising the population of one additional confirmed case of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The patient is a 26-year-old male who imported the virus, bringing the total number of positive cases to five.
Members of the public in the Twin Island Republic are strongly advised to adhere to the following personal health protection measures to safeguard themselves and their loved ones from COVID-19:
- Wash your hands properly with soap and water
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if water and soap are not available
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
- Dispose of tissue immediately after using
- Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow if you do not have a tissue
- Avoid touching your face
- Practise social distancing (e.g. no kissing, hugging or hand-shaking, avoid social gatherings)
- Sanitize hard surfaces (e.g. tabletops, handrails, doorknobs and trolleys) as often as possible
- Avoid close contact with people who have flu-like symptoms
- Stay home if you are ill
The Ministry assures it will continue to provide accurate information to the public in a timely fashion. The public is therefore urged to disregard and avoid sharing all unconfirmed, misleading and/or false information about COVID-19.