Tuesday 4 August, 2020

BAS tells entertainers to cut out lewd music at Agrofest

(File Photo)

(File Photo)

Chief Executive Officer of the Barbados Agricultural Society (BAS), James Paul did not mince words about his position on lewd or obscene musical entertainment at this year's Agrofest.

The festival is set to start tomorrow, Friday, February 28 and will run through to Sunday, March 1. 

Speaking at the planning meeting for the agricultural expo, Paul said he was disappointed with some of performances he saw at last year's Agrofest, noting there were crude lyrics and behavior displayed on stage. 

Paul said for this year, the BAS would not be allowing any entertainment which they view as indecent or crude to take place without repercussion.

He also said any entertainers found violating these rules would be escorted off the stage by the police.

"We will not tolerate rude, obscene behavior. Not at Agrofest. Let us make it very plain. We will not tolerate that kinda behavior.
If you want to see that go in the whore house...There are young impressionable children at Agrofest so we will not tolerate it."

One of the new policies to be implemented for this year is the restriction of the sale of toy gun. Paul said any vendors found selling toy guns will be asked to leave the Queen's Park venue. 

He explained the rationale behind the restriction is to be more mindful of the impact of crime and violence on the community.

Agrofest planning Begins

 

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: