Birthday Big Up: Richard Haynes keeps family in focus
Cruz, Zen and Richard spending time together.
Today, Richard Haynes, popularly known for his affiliation with Baje International Inc., the veteran bandleader turns 46 and he’s extremely proud.
He’s not only helped his Baje team to reach the milestone of 20 consistent years on the road, but he has managed to do it while balancing fatherhood and being an entrepreneur all the while as well.
So, you may know Baje’s Richard and possibly South Central’s Richard, but do you know Richard the dad or even Richard the grandpa?
Well here’s what he had to say when we asked him if he cared to disclose his age to the world on Loop. With a huge smile, he said:
“I have four kids; my first two are Agyei 20 and Kai 18. The two in the photos are Cruz four [years old] and Zen nine months. Kai also has a son Ace so yea I am a proud gramps.
“And as for my age, all I gotta say is I had my first kid at 25 on March 6th and he's now 20. Soooo, yea I am cranking and proud to be 46 and blessed. Rocking that new day gramps status!”
So we asked the family man to tell us what he has learned through fatherhood, and he shared his top five lessons.
1. Family first in every way, every day
2. Gratitude for the opportunity for successes and the strength to overcome failures
3. “Integrity in everything I do”
4. “Appreciation for my team and their awesome skills”
5. “Love in everything and everyone I am blessed to work with and especially my friends, family and of course God who I thank for everything every day”.
Happy Birthday Richard Haynes!