Christ Church man sentenced to prison for multiple burglaries
He pleaded guilty last Tuesday to a number of burglary related-charges and on Friday a Bridgetown Magistrate sentenced him to prison.
Five years at HMP Dodds was the sentence handed down to Anthony Ricardo Emmanuel Prescott, a resident of Brownes Gap, Sargeant's Village, Christ Church. Prescott illegally entered homes and businesses and stole items such as alcoholic beverages, jewelry, cooking equipment, clothing and food items.
The guilty pleas were entered in respect of the following charges:
- On April 17, Prescott had a knife, scissors and screwdriver on his person while he was not at his place of abode.
- Between February 3 and 4 he entered Taste of Health Canteen as a trespasser and stole $665 worth of merchandise belonging to Khari Rivere.
- Between February 3 and 4 he entered The Reggae Jerk and stole $180 worth of chicken belonging to Alton Lewis.
- He entered Ricardo Atkins' home and stole $165 in items on March 7.
- He entered Tristan Maloney's home and stole $150 in boxers on January 16.
- He entered Fabian Cato's house as a trespasser and stole $1500 in cash on February 7.
- He entered Noel Hitlal's house as a trepasser and stole $3381.75 worth of items on February 7.
- He burglarised Edson Harewood's home on March 9 and February 12 and stole almost $3500 in items and damaged a window on February 13.
- Between December 30 and, 2018 and also between February 15 and 16 this year he entered Desmond's Bar and stole close to $1850 in items belonging to Lorraine Lynch.
Magistrate Kristie Cuffy Sargeant presided over the matter in the District "A' Magistrates' Court.