10 celebs who have tested positive for the novel coronavirus
Asha cumberbatch Created : 13 March 2020
Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson.
COVID-19, commonly known as the novel coronavirus, is sweeping the world like wildfire affecting many include celebrities.
Here are 10 celebrities who have tested positive for the coronavirus:
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson- On March 11, 2020, the actor announced via Instagram that he and his wife Rita Wilson have both tested positive for the virus. The couple became infected while in Australia.
- Mikel Arteta - Arteta is the manager of the well-known Arsenal football club. The team’s training ground has now been closed and staff who had recent contact with Arteta are self-isolated.
- Sophie Grégoire-Trudeau - The wife of the Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has tested positive for the coronavirus. She is reportedly exhibiting mild symptoms of the virus. The Prime Minister is now in isolation with his wife for 14 days.
- Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert- Both men who play for the Utah Jazz basketball team have been affected by the virus. Gobert was diagnosed first, soon after the announcement, Mitchell’s diagnosis was released.
- Francis Suarez- Suarez, who is the mayor of Miami, is one of the most recent to test positive for COVID-19. According the Miami Herald, Suarez is worried about those persons who had some measure of contact with him. His case was confirmed on March 13.
- Daniele Rugani- The Italian football player announced on March 11 that he tested positive for the virus. He took to Instagram to say that he is fine and thanked all the doctors and nurses who have been assisting him during this time. He plays for Serie A club Juventus and Italy's national team.
- Fabio Wajngarten- The Brazilian President’s Press Secretary is the only person known at this time affected by the virus who has come into close proximity with the US President, Donald Trump.
- Crew member of Riverdale show production- Although the unidentified crew member has not been confirmed as positive for the virus, filming has been cancelled due to the crew member coming into contact with someone who has the virus. Reportedly, filming will resume on April 9, 2020.