Police have officially declared the body of the Caucasian man found in Melverton, St George on September 1 to be that of Steven Weare, a 49-year-old British national who was reported missing on August 23.
Five men have been arrested and charged with his murder. They are:
1. Sunil Decourcey Brome, 35 years, of #7, Alamanda Drive, West Terrace, St. James.
2. Keino Nakito Griffith, 30 years, of Pounders Gap, Westbury Road, St. Michael.
3. Christopher Darnley Michael Clarke, 26 years, of Oughterson, St. Philip.
4. Torio Akiro Watson, 26 years, of Block 6D, Field Road, Wildey, St. Michael.
5. Basil Alphonso Branch, 27 years, of Morris Gap, Westbury Road, St. Michael.
Weare, formerly of Newcastle Plantation House, St.John, was reported missing on Wednesday, August 23. He was last seen sometime that afternoon in the car park of Burger King situated at University Drive, Black Rock, St. Michael.
The accused men are all expected to appear in the District ‘A’ Magistrates Court today.