This Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic is a delicious one-pot meal with tender chicken, a fantastic sauce, and all the garlic, courtesy Culinary Hill
Chicken with 40 cloves of Garlic
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
8 bone-in, skin-on, chicken thighs
salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons butter
40 cloves garlic peeled
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon thyme dried
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons milk
1. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken thighs in, skin-side down, and sear both sides until they are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
2. Add the garlic cloves to the skillet, stirring frequently, cook until they are golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth and thyme and bring to a boil.
3. Return chicken to skillet and simmer until a thermometer inserted reads 165 degrees, about 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer chicken to a serving platter, reserving the juices remaining in the skillet.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and the milk. Whisk the flour-milk mixture into the skillet until the sauce is thickened slightly, about 1 to 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: