Try this adapted version of a delicious Spicy Cajun Chilli courtesy Food Fanatic:
1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
1 Green Pepper, diced
1/2 cup Diced Onion
1/3 cup Diced Celery
1 tablespoon Minced Fresh Garlic
1 pound Ground Chicken, or turkey
2 links sausage, sliced
2 1/2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
2 cans Crushed Tomatoes
1 15 ounce can Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
2 Bay Leafs
Fresh Parsley, for garnish
Sour Cream, or Greek yogurt, for garnish, optional
1. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pot; add green pepper, onion, celery and garlic and cook until they begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
2. Add in the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, as well as the chicken. Cook, breaking up the chicken, until it is no longer pink and it has released all its juices, about 2-3 minutes. Drain out the liquid and discard it.
3. Add the sausage and Cajun seasoning and cook, stirring frequently, until the sausage begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and cover the pot. Let cook for about 20 minutes until the chili has reduced and thickened slightly.
5. Garnish with parsley and enjoy with home-made bread or rice.