Man charged for guns, ammo, drugs and money laundering
Created : 13 October 2017
Members of the Police Anti-Gun Unit, have arrested and formally charged a 45-year-old St. Michael man in connection with a number of Drug and Firearm-related offences, which were committed on Monday, October 9, 2017, whilst at School Lane, Halls Road, St. Michael.
He is Edward Dacosta Gollop, 45 years of School Lane, Halls Road, St. Michael. Gollop was formally charged for:
· Four (4) counts of Unlawful possession of four (4) firearms
· Unlawful Possession of 100 rounds of .762 ammunition
· Unlawful possession of 97 rounds of .45 ammunition
· Unlawful Possession of 20 rounds of .32 ammunition
· Unlawful Possession of Cannabis
· Unlawful Possession of Cannabis With Intent to Supply
· Trafficking of Cannabis
· Unlawful Possession of Cocaine
· Unlawful Possession of Cocaine with Intent to supply
· Trafficking of Cocaine
· Money Laundering
· Possession of United States Currency not being an Authorized dealer.
On Monday, October 9, 2017, members of the Antigun Unit, assisted by members of the Tactical Response Unit (TRU), executed a search warrant at the residence occupied by Gollop. During the search, the firearms, ammunition, cannabis, cocaine and money were discovered. Gollop was arrested and subsequently charged for the offences.
Gollop appeared before Magistrate Cuffy-Sargeant in the District ‘A’ Magistrates Court, and was remanded to prison to reappear in court on November 9, 2017.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: