Sunday 22 September, 2019

Ministry comments on students injured at Hilton

The scene at the hotel earlier this afternoon.

The scene at the hotel earlier this afternoon.

The Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation has said they are "saddened" by the incident which took place at the Hilton Barbados Resort earlier today resulting in a number of students being injured. 

According to Loop's reporter, the accident happened around 3:00 pm.

The Class Four students from various schools were patrons of a post-Barbados Secondary Schools' Entarnce Examination event organized by the hotel. Reports indicate an inflatable slide collapsed resulting in the children being thrown to the ground. 

Related Article

In a short statement, the Ministry said, "it is indeed an unfortunate end to what should have been an afternoon of celebration and enjoyment. The Ministry empathises with the parents of these students and will continue to monitor the condition of the injured children".

Loop News understands up to ten children have been injured from the fall. Emergency responders treated many of the injured on site as they tended to the mass casualty situation.

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: