Nine great Airbnbs for your Barbados staycation!
How about going on holiday without the hassle of getting on a plane? Barbados is home to hundreds of Airbnbs where you can experience lovely surroundings without breaking the bank.
Whether you’re looking for beach time, a rugged coastal view or an inland getaway, there are plenty of places to stay that offer comfort combined with access to the island’s natural beauty. Here are nine that caught Loop’s eye.
NB prices are based on full occupancy and unspecified dates – they may change seasonally and with lower occupancy.
Ancient Grove Two Tropical Paradise, White Hall
Price per night: US$345
- A Balinese-style villa a short distance inland from Speightstown. Guests can enjoy landscaped gardens, an infinity pool, wonderful birdlife and good views.
- Good for an inland getaway but with easy access to the coast.
Tropical Chic Getaway, Bathsheba
Price per night: US$299
- This spacious home sits on a hillside within easy walking distance of the beach. It’s got a great view of the coast, a plunge pool plus a games room with pool and ping-pong tables.
- Great for surfers who want to try the famous Soup Bowl wave.
Treetop Cottage, Rock Hall
Price per night: US$80
- This wooden cottage is all about the 360-degree full-surround balcony. Enjoy the breeze as you relax in a hammock at this rustic house inland from Holetown.
- There’s also a private jungle-type pool, lots of fruit trees and occasional visits from monkeys!
Cinnamon Cottage, Fitts Village
Price per night: US$135
- This west coast option between Holetown and Bridgetown looks small but perfectly formed! Its key selling point is the cosy ocean-front patio – perfect for breakfast or a romantic evening drink.
- You can walk to the shops and snorkel off the beach at this quaint cottage.
Panoramic Ocean-View Condo, Hastings
Price per night: US$210
- A great south-coast option right on the boardwalk so you can easily get out to cafes, shops and bars.
- Guests rave about the convenient beach access and falling asleep listening to the sound of the waves.
Three Bedroom Beach House, St Peter
Price per night: US$350
- This airy house near Speightstown comes with two verandas overlooking the Caribbean Sea and a beach right on the doorstep.
- There’s a pretty garden too – this is a good, affordable option for a group on a west coast beach.
Beyond "the upper floor", Cattlewash Beach
Price per night: US$200
- Another East Coast gem, visitors describe this house as a relaxing, quiet getaway where you fall asleep to the sound of the surf.
- Beautifully decorated in neutral colours, this is an Airbnb that radiates comfort and calm.
Beach front, Dover Beach
Price per night: US$358
- When you wake up at this south coast apartment, if you look out from your private terrace you’ll be able to see two pools and the a beach fringed with palm trees.
- Visitors say the location is great and the apartment is kept in good condition.
Charming 2 Bdrm House, Reed’s Bay
Price per night: US$209
- ‘Twenty-five steps form bed to beach’, wrote one recent visitor of this ocean-front home near Speightstown.
- The back deck is a big draw, whether for morning coffee, cocktails or a family BBQ.