Police raided Goodland in an area known for illegal activity and made a major discovery.
Police from the Tactical Response Unit (TRU) and Suppressing Criminal Activity Targeting Society (SCATS) were on a routine patrol targeting hot spots on Sunday, January 19, 2020, and about 11.40 pm the teams went to 2nd Avenue Weekes Land, Goodland, St. Michael.
On arrival a number of persons ran away.
A thorough search of the area by the officers revealed the following:
(30) Thirty rounds of 7.62 Caliber ammunition
(2) Two black 5.56 magazines
(1) Quantity of vegetable matter suspected to be cannabis
(1) One black T-shirt
(1) one long black jeans
(14) Fourteen hundred-dollar bills all with the serial number E-34687191
(1) One can of gun oil
(1) One black rubber ski mask and
(1) One black woolen ski mask.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: