#TBT – 18 favourite childhood snacks
Get ready for a sugar rush!
We all know the importance of a well-balanced diet, but when you’re a kid, you’re ruled by your taste buds.
Here’s a look at some favourite snacks that ruled the schoolyard back in the day.
1. Bubble Tape - A seemingly endless supply of gum
2. Bubblicious gum - Who else used to end up chewing all five pieces at once?
3. Chewing gum (with tattoos) - A snack that came with an accessory? Winning!
4. Crazy Hair - One snack you didn't have to share because you licked it all over!
5. Fun Dip - Literally an excuse to eat sugar... on a sugar stick.
6. Gummy Bears - Bears, worms, sweet or sour - if it's gummy, bring it!
7. Hill's Corn Curls - A classic! And let's be honest - not only kids are loyal consumers.
8. Jawbreakers/Tomato Balls - Bite at your own risk.
9. Jolly Ranchers - This snack lasted forever!
10. Nerds - The perfect snack for the indecisive, with two flavours (some sweet, some sour) in the same box.
11. Now and Laters - More like Now and Now!
12. Popeye Candy Cigarettes - 'Smoking'? At school? Thought you were pretty cool, didn't you?
13. Ring Pops - So many schoolyard proposals were made with this candy 'bling'
14. Runts - Those counted as fruits, right?
15. Smarties - These tablets were the right 'medicine'.
16. Snocones/Suckabubbies - These icy treats are the best for this hot climate! Fruit Ice? Oh you fancy, huh?
17. Sour Screamers - The faces people made when the sour hit them? Priceless!
18. Zoomers/Big Foot/BBQ Stix - They just got that cheesy, spicy recipe right!
What snacks did you save up to buy?