Traffic changes for Bridgetown Market
Spring Garden Highway during the preparation phase for Bridgetown Market.
The public is asked to note that on Saturday, August 5, 0127, and Sunday, August 6, 2017, a number of temporary road changes will be in place to facilitate the hosting of Bridgetown Market, which will be held along the Spring Garden Highway, St. Michael.
These changes are as follows:
- Between 10:00 a.m. on Saturday and 2:00 a.m. on Sunday and from 12:00 noon to 12 midnight on Sunday, Spring Garden Highway from its junction with Holborn Circle to its junction with Brighton Road in the parish of St Michael shall be closed to all vehicular traffic except those vehicles used by members of the Festival Committee.
- Between 10:00 a.m. on Saturday and 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, and 12:00 noon to 12 midnight on Sunday, no person shall park or allow a vehicle to remain stationary on the following roads, except for the purpose of picking up or setting down passengers:
(a) Brighton Road from its junction with Black Rock Main Road to its junction with Spring Garden Highway;
(b) Black Rock Main Road from its junction with University Drive to its junction with Eagle Hall;
(c) Deacons Farm Road from its junction with Deacons Road to its junction with Brighton Road;
(d) Deacons Road; or
(e) Westbury Road,
- Between 10:00 am on Saturday and 2:00 am on Sunday, and 12:00 noon to 12 midnight on Sunday no person shall park or allow a vehicle to remain stationary along the emergency route or alternate route except for the purpose of picking up or setting down passengers.
- Emergency route includes which commences at Spring Garden Highway, and proceeds along Exmouth Gap, Westbury Road, Passage Road, Country Road, Roebuck Street, Halls Road and Martindale’s Road in St Michael;
- The alternate route commences at commences at Exmouth Gap, and proceeds along Westbury Road, President Kennedy Drive, Fontabelle, Cheapside, Broad Street, Charles Duncan O’Neal Bridge, Fairchild Street, River Road and Martindale’s Road in St Michael.