WATCH: 5 beaches with great shade in Barbados
Sandy Beach in Worthing has some nice shade.
Cooling down at the beach can be even better when there is shade involved, especially during these hot summer days.
Around Barbados there are amazing beaches with crystal, clear waters but which ones have trees that will provide great shade steps away from the shoreline.
Here are five such shady beaches:
1) Batts Rock - This beach located along the West coast near the University of West Indies Cave Hill, Usain Bolt Sports Complex in St. Michael.
2) Brandons - Situated along the Spring Garden Highway in St. Michael, this beach is also a hit on Grand Kadooment Day, when revellers and spectators are looking to cool down after a day of jumping, wining, chipping, standing, or wukking-up.
3) Drill Hall - At the back of St. Ann's Fort, the trees are still alive and well and the shade is amazing. But don't take our word for it. And the sunsets are bea-U-ti-ful.
4) Sandy Beach - Also known as Worthing Beach, this sandy shore not only has some shade, but it has the newest Bath and Changing Room Facility, as well as seaside restaurants and kiosks with tasty treats.
5) Enterprise (Miami Beach) - Most people refer to this stretch of sand as Miami Beach, while few tourists call it Oistins, but its official name is Enterprise Beach. There are lifeguards and a net for playing beach volleyball. People also play paddle ball there.
However, in regard to the other beautiful beaches around Barbados, in most cases, if you are willing to pay for shade, you can purchase a beach chair and umbrella for BBD $20 or BBD $40 which is equivalent to USD $10 or USD $20 respectively.