Grammy-winning rapper Cardi B, right, waves at fans as she arrives for a hearing at Queens County Criminal Court, Tuesday, June 25, 2019, in New York. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)

Grammy-winning rapper Cardi B was arraigned Tuesday on new felony charges in connection with a fight last year at a New York City strip club. "Not guilty, sir, honour," said the rapper dressed in a dark blue and light pink pantsuit with her hair tinted blue as she pleaded in state court to two counts of attempted assault and various misdemeanour charges, including harassment, criminal solicitation, conspiracy and reckless endangerment. The rap star, whose chart-topping hits include "I Like It" and "Bodak Yellow," has showcased her fashion style at each of her court appearances. She didn't speak to reporters as she entered and left the courthouse but waved at a small crowd of fans who shouted her name and took video on their cellphones. The 26-year-old Cardi B, whose real name is Belcalis Almanzar, and her entourage argued with a bartender at Angels Strip Club, police have said. They say a fight broke out in which chairs, bottles and hookah pipes were thrown, causing minor injuries to the woman and another employee. Cardi B had originally only been charged with misdemeanours. Prosecutors presented the case to a grand jury after she rejected a plea deal that would have given her a conditional discharge. Two other defendants in the case who allegedly participated in the brawl also pleaded not guilty Tuesday to similar charges. The judge set September9 as the next court date, but the rapper does not have to appear.

Chicago police on Monday released more than 1,000 files from the investigation into Jussie Smollett's claim he was attacked by two men, including video footage that for the first time shows the "Empire" actor with a thin, white rope wrapped around his neck that he told detectives was a noose. The footage from body cameras worn by police officers who responded on January 29 to what Smollett said was a racist and homophobic attack by two large men has Smollett's face blurred out because, as police explained, he was considered a victim at that point. The footage shows officers walking into the apartment, where they encounter the actor wearing the rope, before one asks him, "Do you want to take it off or anything?" "Yeah, I do. I just wanted you all to see it," Smollett says before unwinding the rope, loosening it and placing it on the kitchen counter. Police have said he told them the attackers wrapped the rope around his neck. In the video, he tells officers that the attackers poured bleach on him. After he is informed about the recording Smollett says he doesn't want to be filmed and the camera is turned off. In all, police released nearly 1,200 different individual files on Monday, including thousands of pages of documents, arrest reports and handwritten notes from the police. Added up, there are more than 90 hours of video, much of it hour after hour of surveillance cameras high above city streets. As the hunt for the two men Smollett said attacked him continued for weeks, some in the city started to wonder if the whole thing was a hoax. And those suspicions made it into the documents. On February1, Cmdr. Edward Wodnicki urged investigators to confirm key information given by Smollett about the night in question: "Verify and I mean verify that the victim got off a plane at O'Hare. Big issue if that was a lie. CALL me as soon as this is completed." It was, in fact, confirmed. Then on February25, a sergeant sent an email saying that she'd received a tip from a caller whose name is redacted. "He has a friend close to the inner circle of the subject," the email reads. "The friend shared that the entire event was orchestrated by (redacted)." The footage itself illustrates the growing scepticism within the Chicago Police Department, starting with the fact that much of it was retrieved from surveillance cameras. Police collected the footage as they tried to piece together the route that two brothers took across the city to the spot where police say they acted out a staged attack of the actor. The department released footage that shows the two brothers, Abimbola "Abel" Osundairo and Olabinjo "Ola" Osundairo, in a cab the night of the incident. Both are wearing what appear to be light-coloured hazmat suits and gloves, with one of the brothers tightening his around his face. There is also footage of officers handcuffing the brothers — who have acknowledged participating in a staged attack — on the tarmac at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport when they returned on a flight to Chicago from Nigeria and putting them in police cars for a trip to a city police station where they were detained. Monday's release of documents and video files was not expected to shed much new light on what happened — largely because so much information has already been made public in the case. In February, for example, when the charges were announced,Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson laid out in minute detailhow investigators came to conclude that the incident was not a hate crime as Smollett claimed but a carefully staged hoax directed by the actor himself to promote his career. Also, in the wake of Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx's office'sstunning announcement in March that it was dropping all the chargesagainst Smollett, the Police Department released more than 700 pages of documents and Foxx's office released another 2,000 pages of documents, including internal office communications. Police said when Smollett was charged that there was no footage of the actual staged attack because the surveillance camera they said Smollett hoped would capture the incident was, unbeknownst to him, not working. Among the footage released Monday is that of Smollett's creative director Frank Gatson meeting officers in the lobby of the Chicago high-rise apartment building and giving them a summary of the evening as they take the elevator to Smollett's apartment. Gatson tells officers that the alleged attack made him emotional. "They put a makeshift, what do you call that thing, a noose around his (expletive) neck," he tells officers. On Monday, Smollett's attorneys did not respond to a request for comment. Fox Entertainment announced in April that Smollett would not appear in the sixth and final season of "Empire."


Shenseea and Rajeiro on Graduation Day 2019.

Last November he turned three years old and now Rajeiro Lee is graduating preschool in front of his proud superstar, dancehall singer mom -Chinsea Lee stage name Shenseea. In Los Angeles, USA, last weekend, Shenseea was back in Jamaica for the milestone and monumental moment in her only child's life. The proud and happy mother posted a video on her Instagram yesterday, Tuesday, June 25, 2019, with her walking to Rajeiro and hugging and kissing him. In the video she says: "Look how cute you are this is the smile I love to see, you knowYou happy? Good. You love me?Good 'cause I love you too." Raj as she affectionately calls her son, nodded 'yes' with a shy grin to her questions. The pair wore red, white and black. They were truly matching. Raj wore a white shirt, red tie and black vest. Shenseea wore a red, white and black cold-shoulder, bodycon kneelength dress. In her story she shared the below photo: Meanwhile, on Rajeiro Lee's Instagram page managed by Shen, she posted the video of him crossing the stage to collect hiscertificate of completion. The theme for his graduation was 'Straight Outta Preschool'. For his third birthday celebrations, Shenseea gave Raj a kid toy jeep that he was super excited to drive, and she wrote: "HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MY SON🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊 I love you more than life and I would do anything for you my little King 😭😭 you’re 3 years old today 😻 but has a brain of a 6-year-old! The biggest and best blessing I could ever receive throughout my years on this earth 🙌 you gave me the strength to follow my dreams and for that I’m gonna make sure I give you the world 🌎 the only male that can change my 😡⏭😁 in an instant! You’re my happiness and my heart baby boy🎁🎈💕i wish u long life with amazing experiences and success💕 I LOVE YOU!!!!" When Shenseea started doing music professionally under Romeich Entertainment, Rajeiro was just three months old. Now Rajeiro is gearing up for his next level of education and a new stage of life.

In this June 18, 2019, photo, a plastic recycling company worker sorts out plastic bottles collected for processing at Tokyo Petbottle Recycle Co., Ltd, in Tokyo. (AP Photo/Koji Sasahara)

Japan has a plastic problem. In a country where cleanliness and neat packaging have long been considered good service, almost everything, from single bananas to individual pieces of vegetables, pastries, pens and cosmetics is sold plastic-wrapped. But as world leaders descend on Osaka for the two-day G-20 summit that starts Friday, Japan will attempt to become a leader in environmental policy at the same time it plays catch-up with countries that already have well-defined goals in place. In the months leading up to the G-20 summit, Japanese officials have delivered full-throated endorsements of future bans on single-use plastics, beach clean-up efforts and more research into alternatives such as bioplastics. The problem is, the enforcement and timing of the directives have yet to match measures already in place in the EU — including sweeping legislation passed earlier this year that will ban single-use plastic in all member states by 2021. Just last summer, Japan was criticized for failing to sign the G-7 Plastics Charter, the only country to do so besides the United States. At a mid-June meeting of G-20 environmental ministers in Karuizawa, Japan brokered an agreement to begin sharing best practices and establishing standards for tracking marine plastic waste, but stopped short of setting numerical goals or a timeline for progress. Japan is the world's No. 2 consumer of single-use plastic packaging per person — the United States is No. 1 — according to a 2018 U.N. Environment Program report. G-20 nations produce half the world's plastic waste, and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who will chair the summit, has made fixing the problem a top initiative, both at the summit and in Japan. But Japanese promotional efforts, such as crafting next year's Tokyo Olympic medals and champion podiums from recovered metals and plastics, have failed to impress experts who say that Japan cannot recycle its way out of a global plastic waste crisis, and that the country instead needs to focus on reducing plastic at the earlier end of the supply chain. "What we are asking for is the reduction of plastic produced in the first place," said Mageswari Sangararalingam, a Malaysian-based waste management expert. There are signs that Japan is beginning to recognize its own difficulties. Trade Minister Hiroshige Seko announced at the G-20 environment ministers' meeting plans for a law that will require retailers to charge fees for plastic shopping bags as early as next April. Seven & i Holdings Co., the Japanese operator of 7-Eleven convenience stores, announced a plan last month to replace all plastic shopping bags with paper by 2030 and all plastic packaging with paper, biodegradable or other reusable materials at its nearly 21,000 stores nationwide. Those goals are more ambitious than the government's 2030 target for a 25% reduction in single-use plastic. Selected 7-Eleven stores near Tokyo, including one at Yokohama, have started offering paper bags instead of plastic. Saemi Nakamura, a customer, said the change is welcome. "The world is talking about the use of plastic not being good. I think paper bags are better," Nakamura said. Another convenience store chain, Ministop, began charging 3 yen (3 cents) per plastic shopping bag in an experiment at two stores in Chiba, near Tokyo, which is to be expanded to about 40 outlets by early 2020. But plastic shopping bags and packaging are only a small part of the overall plastic waste problem, experts say. As much as 12.7 million tons of plastic waste end up in the ocean each year, of which up to 60,000 tons comes from Japan, according a study cited by the country's Environment Ministry. Japan is also the world's No. 2 exporter of plastic waste. It used to export about 1.5 million tons per year, mainly to China. After China stopped accepting plastic imports in 2017, several Southeast Asian nations became new targets, but some countries, including Malaysia and the Philippines, are now turning the shipments back. They accused rich countries of pushing their garbage onto poorer nations. Officials in Japan have scrambled to find a new home for the country's used plastic by establishing a 1.9 billion yen ($18 million) emergency fund over the past two years and asking local authorities and waste handlers to shoulder additional loads for recycling and incineration. Japan's plastic waste exports last year totalled 1 million tons, according to trade statistics, but experts say the decline could be linked to an increase in illegal exports or stockpiles at garbage dumps. "We are trying to develop more domestic plastic recycling facilities and capabilities, but it takes some time," said Hiroshi Ono, an Environment Ministry official. At a factory on Tokyo Bay, one of more than a dozen operated by plastic recycling company Kyoei Industry Co., about 35 tons of PET bottles are processed daily. They come in hundreds of bales, each wrapped in plastic, and are then unravelled, sorted, pulverized, heated and minced. Next they're turned into fine pellets and reborn as egg cartons, school uniforms, soccer jerseys and other sports equipment, as well as PET bottles, returning to store shelves, said company president Eiichi Furusawa. "Even if we wanted to (export plastic waste), no country welcomes imports now," Furusawa said. "We think we need to circulate plastic domestically."


Caribbean Airlines Cargo has entered into an interline agreement with Alaska Airlines, which expands the airline’s cargo network by a further 16destinations. The arrangement enables the movement of cargo to several popular locations such as Anchorage, Hawaii, Utah, Oregon, and Nevada. In a release, the airline said it is continuing to execute its mandate to facilitate cargo shipments to all corners of the globe. To this end, Caribbean Airlines also has interline agreements with British Airways, China Airlines, Qatar Airways, Virgin Atlantic and many others, making easy the movement of cargo to all continents at special rates. Urgent shipments can be expedited by using Caribbean Airlines cargo priority shipping. “Caribbean Airlines Cargo provides solutions to meet our customers’ cargo needs. We work with our airline partners to provide a wide range of options which enable us to serve far-reaching destinations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Australia, and South America," said Chief Executive Officer, Garvin Medera. The airline also offers direct service to 80 percentof Caribbean islands, through its network of frequent passenger flights and multiple all-cargo freighter services. According to the release, Caribbean Airlines Cargo caters to the special needs of the oil and gas industry through the transportation of large and oversized time-sensitive pieces. The airline said itis also well known for its professional handling and experience in shipping general cargo, live animals, perishables, human remains, dangerous goods, valuable cargo, and diplomaticdocuments.

Gaston Browne, PM of Antigua and Barbuda is battling Digicel and Flow for Spectrum space for the state-owned APUA

Digicel says it has not received any offers for a buyout by the Government of Antigua and Barbuda. A release from the regional giant said contrary to multiple media reports and statements made bythe Prime Ministerof Antigua and Barbuda over the last two weekends, Digicel has not received any approaches of any kind at any time from the Prime Minister or anyone in the Government of Antigua and Barbuda with regard to a buyout of Digicel’s operations in the twin island state. “For the avoidance of doubt, any assertions to the contrary are complete fiction and represent part of an ongoing campaign by the Government of Antigua and Barbuda to distract and disseminate false information,” the release said. The release was issued in response to statements by Antigua and Barbuda Prime Minister Gaston Browne that he is willing to buy out Digicel. This, as he continues to battle Digicel and Flow for space on the spectrum for the state-owned operator APUA. Speaking on his radio program Browne and Browne on June 16, Browne said APUA must be given the fair share. “Ultimately, if they think they going to kill APUA, I will say not under my administration. If anything, they will get killed. It’s not because we are hostile to foreign investors, we welcome foreign investment. But this idea that you can come in an extract and that you going to literally put an entity that is owned by the Government and people of Antigua and Barbuda at a disadvantage, that cannot be fair,” he said. “I recognise that the telecom space is somewhat overcrowded because the market is so small it really probably justifies a monopoly, at best two players, so if one has to leave I want to tell them it won’t be APUA. So between Digicel and Flow they need to make up their minds, I already sent a message to the owner of Digicel to say that APUA is willing to buy them,” he said. Digicel said the real issue is the unfair, anti-competitive and illegal actionsby the Government of Antigua and Barbuda in seeking to confiscate its legally allocated spectrum for the benefit of the state-owned operator, APUA. Digicel said with the matter before the Courts, it will fight vigorously to defend its customers and its business in the interest of fair and healthy competition in Antigua and Barbuda.